Thursday, December 14, 2006

Only 9 days to christmas

There have been days since my last post. Only nine days to christmas and the house is a mess. I have managed to finish several christmasgifts, but have still a couple more to make. This evening me and my boyfriend is going to a chrismasparty at my work.

DD decorated the gingerbread house last evening. And now it is starting to smell like christmas in the house. I will try to bake some cookies this weekend, but not as many as I used to.
This is a towel I made for a boy some days ago. I appliqued a little boy and his name on it. A little gift you can make very quick. I used vlisofix and machine applique. Quite fun to make and I am planning to sew some more.
And this gift came to me yesterday from Santa/Nisse Nadine. THANK YOU THANK YOU. You are so kind. I got a present on your birthday. I love the fabric ( I know exactly what I am going to make of them) and the little box you had bought on the christmasmarket. The box kept a tresure inside. A lot of beautiful old buttons. And look at the georgius needlebook she has made for me. I am speachless. I als got another nice mailbox surprise from Inger. A filtet chrimsmas heart. I am going to hang this in the window on my front door. I was first thinking of hanging it in my sewingroom window, but that's the place Frida cat have her spot, and this heart could be a little bit to tempting to play with. So it goes on the front door. Thank you Inger, I love it.


14 comments:

Susan said...

Oh, wow, I knew the date, but suddenly seeing the 9 days in print really brings it home! And now it's after midnight, so it's really 8 days! Good thing I don't have to go shopping. =)

Your gifts look like such fun.

Hanne said...

Please count very silent and slow. I am behind on everything ;-)

Libby said...

What a wonderful little gift package you received -- beautiful fabrics.

I think I can smell the gingerbread. Christmas will be here before we know it *s*

Charlene ♥ NC said...

What a nice house, and brings nice feelings with its smell, too. We'd all better get on the roll - time slips up on us, doesn't it?

Angie said...

I can't believe it's only 9 days til Christmas...and it's in the 60s here. Definitely does not 'feel' like Christmas. Your gingerbread house is wonderful! Your DD did a great job! And lucky lucky you!!! LOL Your gifts are wonderful!!

meggie said...

Lovely gifts, for a lovely person, May Britt!
Hope you enjoyed your night out.

Diana said...

I love the gingerbread house--did you make it?

Yvonne said...

I think I need to make a ginger bread house after all - after seeing your house it'll be difficult not to! Great blog!

hardenbrookgirl said...

What wonderful gifts from special friends!

Pam said...

Cute little gingerbread house - and lovely gifts from friends. Merry Christmas

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Presents from friends are always fun to receive! Little Boy and I made Christmas cookies today - but we cheated and used pre-made mix - he had just as much fun and the house does smell wonderful! In Austria we actually open gifts on Christmas Eve... and guess what? I sent many boxes from the US in mid-November (and spent $$$ for airmail too) and only 1 box has arrived - it was marked that it was mis-sent to Australia (instead of AUSTRIA) - so I am not sure the "Christmas" box will arrive in time! Never fear - I put the precious 2 items requested of Santa in my luggage - phew! On the otherhand, the box with my bathrobe came directly and is already here - at least I am laughing!

Cheers!

Evelyn

Judy said...

Everything look so yummy and so creative! Very beautiful fabrics!

I counted my advent calendar too today and was shocked that there were only 9 days left!

Anonymous said...

Koselig pepperkakehus! Håndklær har jeg også dekorert og gitt bort en del av. Kjekk gave til barn og de glemmer dem garantert ikke igjen i skolegarderober og sånn.

Anonymous said...

Hi, May Britt !

This is a test - comment : I just switched to Beta Blogger (brave girl ! LOL)

Hugs & smiles,
NADINE

Related Posts with Thumbnails