Sunday, October 14, 2007

Weekend sewing

How long is it since you cleaned your sewingmachine for dust????? I opened my machine today and removed all the dust in it. And the sound was sooooo much better when I started to sew again. So I challenge you all..............go and blow the dust out of your sewingmachine.
Do you remember the flowers I made of japaneese fabrics. I started to machinapplique them today. Still have to be careful with my arm, so this time I decided to do all the applique with machine. So I started on the flowers. Did some applique with the machine. Using grey thread on all the pieces..................
and this is how it turned out. I'm satisfied. Of course I'm still most fond of handapplique, but this will do for this time. I have to be more friend with my sewingmachine. And my Janome do have nice applique stitches.
My cat Frida used to sleep in my sewingroom all the time before. Now when I've not been there so much she found another place to sleep. But today when I was sewing she came back and had a good sleep in her basket on my sewingtable. I guess she had missed me being there together with her. So look.............
here is Frida in her basket behind my sewingmachine.
Did you read my previous post about Crazy mom quilts. She is having a 200th post contest and a giveaway extravaganza until the end of this week. Please visit her blog and pleeeeeaaase mention in your comment that I "May Britt - Abyquilt" sent you to her blog. May be both you and I win. The one that send most bloggers over to her blog win that beutiful quilt she have made. Please help me :)
Saying for today:
Every moment you are angry,
you lose a minute of happiness
.

20 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely flower block May Britt, and gorgeous fabrics. Your cat looks very content in her basket.

Gail said...

The machine applique flower block turned out so very well, good work!

Laila said...

Your flowers turned out great. Love to see you using your Janome. :-)
And Yes I dust my maskine all the time.
Say hello to Frida from Lara (Stines Cat) and me. LOL

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh they are beautiful! The grey thread is perfect for it! Actually I think maybe doing this by machine is perfect for those. It is really gorgeous! Be careful with your arm.

Anonymous said...

Have been looking for a copy of 'Stitchery Classics' for you but I can't find one. Apparently I was in that issue but I must have missed it! Good luck.

Karen said...

I love your Flowers. The stitching turned out great.
Oh, the saying for today is very appropriate for the weekend that my family went through.
Thanks you so much for sharing.

Sølvis blog said...

Dem blomstern dine bli jo kjempefine. Og som du sier, maskina syr nydelige applikasjonssting.

Unknown said...

I think you made a super job of that machine applique - I'm just hopeless at it - and you've just got to do what your arm will allow you. Love the fabric choices in the flower - so subtle :o)

Klarafina said...

The flowwers are so nice! Beautiful fabric!

meggie said...

I love your blog May Britt, I have left a comment for you, & a wish that you win that lovely quilt!
Dont forget to look after yourself really well!!
xxhugs.

Andrea said...

Your machine applique is so perfect ! The flower looks just right. This is going to abe a beautiful quilt.

Beertje Zonn said...

Your flower block is beautiful and
gorgeous fabrics.
Kind regards,

Sonnja

Rose Johnston said...

Since i got my new machine, im vigilant, cleaning out the lint, changing the needle, cleaning the feed dogs every 5 bobbins!!!! how long this will last, i dunno!!!! Great applique, my machine has it yet im scared to dive in and try it!!!
Hugs

Doodlebug Gail said...

Oh what a lovely block - I enlarged the photos and wow, what neat work you do! I haven't used that stitch yet .... I'll have to give it a try real soon.

Take care of your shoulder.

The Calico Cat said...

Your machine applique looks so much better than mine... (I tried my hand at it yesterday.)

Anonymous said...

Well done and beautiful !Even if there was a "cyberspace applique" technique, you would succeed ! You are so much talented...

Cleaning the sewing machine ???????
I ddn't even know we COULD do that !??! Have to check if my robot can be opened... LOL

Hugs & smiles !
NADINE

Darlene said...

That's a beautiful flower block! Everything you do is wonderful. Such a talent!

Anne Ida said...

The flowers are wonderful! I love the softness of japanese fabrics, and they work very well with the round shapes of your flowers. The machine stitch frame the pieces beautifully :o) Nice Frida has found comfort in your sewing room again :o)

Rose Marie said...

Your flower is lovely ... love the grey thread for the button hole stitch. Visited Crazy Mom Quilts and left your name there. You are going to win, since you are so lucky, so don't worry!

Susan said...

Glad to see you won the quilt! What fun for you. I love the flower - using the gray is a great idea. I usually either match or use black, but the gray on this fabric is so nicely soft looking.

I clean my bobbin race every time I change bobbins, and actually take the whole case out about every 10 bobbins or so. It's unbelievable how much lint gets in there!

Related Posts with Thumbnails