Saturday, August 30, 2008

Goodies in the mail

Today I went to the postoffice and got the package from Spaine. It was fun to read the adress on it. I live in Elverum and they had addressed it El Verun :) I imagine living at such a place as El Verun must be very sunny and warm. And when I came home from visiting my mom another package was in my mailbox.
So I rushed inside to see what was in the packages.

The first I opened was from my dear friend Nancy. She have been in Birmingham, but had bought me a thimble from Holland because their flight was by Amsterdam. And I also got some beutiful fabrics as a prize from her 100th post blogiversary.
And look at this card she sent me. I LOVE IT. "Life is nothing without friendship" it says. I guess Nancy have thought about me and her looking like this in some years.

And then there was time to open the package from Spaine. Four small wrapped gifts was inside the envelope.
And look at this cute keychain made from tiny hexagons made by Teresa L Sako. And the cute passportholder made of Ana Serrano. Perhaps it's a sign I ought to go there :) I wish I could. In the package it was also a lot of wonderful ribbons, laces and beads.
I love all the things mention above, but when I opened the package with these two wonderful pictures the tears came. I LOVE THEM. These are made by Ana Maria. She have sewed a tiny house and a tiny tree, these are then framed by paper I guess she have made by herself. And in the paper it is added dry flowers and straw. They are both so beautiful. I will buy some frames on monday, and I know exactly where to hang them.

Thank you girls for giving me these wonderful gifts because of my two years blogiversary in august. I feel so honored. And your place is now on my "want-to-go-some-day list". Big hug from me to you all.

Saying for today:
A friend is what the heart needs all the time

10 comments:

Stina Blomgren said...

Oh ...that was some lovely gifts...Loved the quilted pictures too... and another thimble to your collection....:o)

Elin said...

You simply must go to Spain! It's a wonderful country. You are sooo lucky to have such presents in your mail, but I know you deserve it, you give so much to us out in Blogland, always so enthusiastic and full of energy and helpful and...maybe you'll have some othere package in the mail some day...
Have a nice weekend!

Unknown said...

The little house and tree are just gorgeous.

Serrano-chan said...

Hello, I'm Serrano Chan, am glad that you have liked small presents, I am very grateful for you your blog and your tutorials that teach us, I hope to continue to maintain contact with you.Un hug from Spain

Noémia said...

What a lovely gifts!...
But you know, if you will go to Spain don't forget to visit Portugal too. It's just by side and very nice and warm too:)I will be pleased to show you Oporto at list!

teresa sako said...

Hello, this is Teresa, I´m glad you liked ours presents.
You deserve them all and more. I wish I could go some day to your country and have an all-day-sewing with all of you. Perhaps some day...
Yours sincerelly, Teresa Sako.

Anonymous said...

WOW, how special are those pictures/sewing paper things???!!! Absolutely stunning!! You gotta love nice mail - especially the spoily kind like this!!

Nanette Merrill said...

May - what darling thigns. That card is so awesome. I love it. What a great friend Nancy is for you.

SusanPatch said...

Congrats May for all those gifts. You deserve them all!!
Me and a group of friends met these lovely girls from Granada last year and spent all day sewing, sharing gifts, chatting, eating..LOL..you know what this means. And very soon we will organize another meeting however this time will be in Malaga.
Teresa, Ana, Ana Maria, Chelo, Rosi, Trini..nice people and nice cute gifts made with love.
Hugs from Malaga, Spain.

Red Geranium Cottage said...

WOW your getting some very neat stuff aren't you? Love all of them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails