Friday, April 02, 2010

Progress on my Yoko Saito bag

Today I have made progress on my Yoko Saito bag. I wonder what the name on it is. I do not understand the letters on the pattern, so I just call it the Yoko-bag. It was a little bit scary to start laying the log cabin blocks to shape the bage. A little bit out of the way I ordinary use to sew, but this is so fun.
And here is the first front ready to be appliqued. We was told to pin it very good and so I have. But I do not remember what kind of thred Yoko Saioto used doing her applique. Well, I just start with my silk thread that I love sewing needle turn with.

Have you seen this cute First Friday Freebie from Kaaren. I loved it so much so I had to rush out in my sewing room and trace it. Always great to have a stitchery in my bag, just in case :)

So at the same time I also traced the stitchery for Cinderberry Stitches "Me and My Shadow" wallet. My friend Laila have made it and I loved how useful this wallet was. So nice to bring my stitchery and thread in it.

And the best is that there are still 3 days home from work. I love Easter holiday.

Happy Easter to you all.

Saying for today:

When you look at your life,
the greatest happinesses are
family happinesses.

~Joyce Brothers

16 comments:

Nancy in Norway said...

Skal si det går unna med søm på fridagene dine!

Kos deg!

Ulla said...

Underbar väska.
God fortsättning på påsken.
Ulla

northernknitter said...

Looking forward to seeing the finished bag - it looks very unique. I'm new to needlework - I use a pencil to trace designs. I notice you used a red pen / pencil - can you let me know what you are using. Easter blessings.

Sonia said...

I have just finished the me and my shadow set for a friend, it is beautiful, I will have to do it for myself now as I see it being very very useful!!!

julieQ said...

Enjoy Easter! Love Kaaren's stitchery, I too have it traced.

Pat said...

Your work is most beautiful, mu dear friend. I'am from U.S.A. Happy Easter!

Scraps4dreams said...

beautiful work :)

Elin said...

Hei, dette blir veldig kult! Eg "kjenner" ei bloggedame frå Japan, skal prøve å finne ho att, så kan du få svar på språklege spørsmål.

Sue-Anne said...

Your Yoko bag looks like a bit of a challenge with the unusual piecing of the blocks, but it is always good to learn something new.

Sissel H.S said...

Dette ser veldig bra ut :-) du er en racer med nål og tråd.

David said...

I love Yoko Saito's creations! How lucky you are to had a class with her. Thanks for sharing.

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Hi May!
Love that bag you're working on and the stitcheries are just so fun!
Hop over to my blog if you get a second. I'm having a giveaway and I also have a free BOM stitchery project. It's not to late to join.
Happy Stitching!
shell

Lyckligs-Cozy-Cottage said...

Wow, is there still snow in norway? Here it is cold, sometimes rain or sun, but no snow. I´m waiting for spring and love your stitchery. And the bag. I wait for the sewing results. I think they will be great!
Many easter greetings
Gisela

Cath Ü said...

That bag looks very interesting... I have that Me and My Shadow pattern too...
Cath's Blog

Cath Ü

Teresa said...

Cute embroidery - love the pattern.
Thanks for sharing the link with us.

Dolores said...

I do like the taupe fabrics of your new bag. Are you sewing it on to a foundation?

Related Posts with Thumbnails