Saturday, November 13, 2010

Needleturn in Trysil

Today I have been giving my workshop in needleturn in Trysil. Went there yesterday to stay over with my friend Laila and we had a nice evening chatting and sewing.

I finished the other two Christmas baubles. Laila had bought some lovely wool fabric at Kathrines Quiltestue and she also made one for herself. Now I just have to order that wool fabric too, I want to sew more with wool :)

Today it was the needlturn workshop and I think the ladies enjoyed it. They got to try my favorite thread that I am using for sewing needleturn. And I think they all have put the Yli 100 silkthread on their Christmas wish list.

A lot of preparations done before sewing.

Some used my pattern and some started to sew on other things. But they all got a lot of tips how to build up a motif and how to do needleturn sewing. Needleturn is my favorite way of applique and it was so fun teaching the ladies to do it.

It was a great saturday together with 15 ladies :) Always fun to have a workshop in Trysil.

And winter has arrived. Look what was outside my apartment when I came home today. The boys next door had buildt a lovely snowman. It is so cute!!!!

Saying for today:

There's no man
like a snowman


10 comments:

Lida said...

I love needleturning too and also just started with woolen fabric, love your Christmas Baubles! Have fun, greetings
Lida

Laila said...

Hi again .
Thanks for a great workshop to day, and a cosy evening last nigth. :-)
But I got so many new ideas on my "must do"list.. LoL
Hope to see you again soon. Hugs :-)

Chookyblue...... said...

love the decorations........always wonderful to be able to share our skills.......i am sure the girls appreciated it.......

Nicola said...

Looks like you all had a great time doing applique!! And your wool decorations look fabulous.

Litamora's Quilt & Design said...

Looks like you ladies had so much fun during the workshop :o) Your wool work looks really great! I've never tried it, but I definitely would like to when I've seen your cute projects!
Have a great Sunday,
Laila

Quilts And Pieces said...

Your baubles turned out adorable if I do say so myself! I"m so happy you enjoyed making them!

WoolenSails said...

Love your little ornies, the house one is really cute.
The workshop looks fun and glad we don't have snow;)

Debbie

LeKaQuilt said...

Så koseligt dere har hatt det! Jeg elsker needle turn, og artig å se at dere hygger dere med søm :o)

Yippi, jeg klarte å bli følger nr 300 !!! Den har jeg ventet på.... bare for morro :o)

Puselusken hilser med purr purr til Frida.

Liven said...

kunne tenkt meg et nett-kurs;}, har ikke helt funnet Tonen med needle-turn......
snax:)

Talin's Corner said...

Wow, snow already? I love your wool projects. It seems like you all had fun sewing together. It is so nice to share skills while visiting with friends.

Related Posts with Thumbnails