Sunday, March 18, 2012

The Norwegian Quilt Associations annual quilt meeting 2012–part 1

 

Just came home from a wonderful long weekend in Bergen where the annual quilt meeting in NQF was this weekend.  Days filled with inspiration, shops, quilt shows and good friends.  About 450 quilters in one hotel, several of quiltshops (among those my favorites) Have about 200 photos on my camera that I have to look through, so I guess there will be a lot of posts the next days.

195

A lot of shopping.  My intention was just to buy a border fabric for my Annas Veggteppe.  Seems that there was a lot of temptations in the quiltshops.  It felt SO good to just walk around in the shops to get inspiration, touch fabrics and to buy fabrics.  I guess you all know that feeling.

196

Look at these yummy cupcakes I received as a thank you from NQF. 

I want to give all the ladies who attended at the annual quilt meeting a big  hug.   It is always so fun to meet old friends, and to make new friends.  What a great weekend we’ve had.

If you visit NQF you can see the quilts that won the competition + a lot of other things that happened this weekend.

And I will be back with more posts ……………

9 comments:

Nana's Quilts said...

I will really look forward to seeing photos from the Quilt Show. It is so inspiring to see all the good work that quilters do. Your collection of new fabrics and especially your "cupcakes" are terrific!

Kate said...

What beautiful fabrics you purchased!!!! Sounds like a wonderful weekend that you had.

Roos said...

That must be a wonderful weekend, and what a lovely fabrics you bought. I also buy much more then I intent to do. Looking forward to your next blog, I want to hear all about it.

Kris Meares - Tag Along Teddies said...

Hey May Britt! Well of COURSE you had to buy much more than border fabric ... we all do our bit to support our local patchwork/quilting shops cos otherwise they wouldn't stay in business for us to enjoy. It's really a tough job, but someone has to do it ... I volunteer regularly too! Tee! Hee! Hee! Glad you had a lovely time and looking forward to lots of fun pics. Happy stitching!! Bear Hugs! KRIS

STEINKJERRINGA said...

Jeg gleder meg til å se bildene dere som var i Bergen, kommer til å legge ut. Jeg angrer at jeg ikke meldte meg på, og nå forteller Hanne at det blir i Sarpsborg neste år, og det er enda lenger unna oss nordlenninger. Jeg går ut ifra at du kjøpte MYE mer enn det du viser i første innlegg?

Radka said...

Wow, that must had been some meeting! And in lovely Bergen, which I had the pleasure to visit two times :)

Grethe said...

Du er BEST,allerede i gang med referat! Det var en vellykket helg.
Gleder meg til å følge alle bilde-seriene dine og oppleve alt på nytt :-)

ahli said...

Takk for sist. Jeg satt på samme bord som deg under middagen. Elisabeth satt mellom oss.
Du fikk da med deg mye fint fra Bergen. Jeg har kikket på bloggen din, og det er utrolig mye fint du har laget.
Jeg har lagt meg til som ny følger, så jeg skal noe ha et øye med hva du gjør.

Astrid

Carole said...

OMG! I love the cupcake idea! What a wonderful treat! Thanks for sharing! Oh dear, the robot thing. Really May Britt, I'm not a robot! ;o) I can barely read those. There goes!

Related Posts with Thumbnails