Sunday, February 10, 2013

Happy Mothers Day and Basting day

Today is Mothers Day in Norway and Bjørg and I have spendt the day basting quilts at the canteen at work.  Quite a nice way to spend Mothers day we both thought.

004

Big tables are needed when basting big quilts.  And I am so happy we can use these tables at the canteen.  I’m to old to baste quilts crawling around at the floor.

001

Then it is so much better crawling upon the tables.  Here is Bjørg basting her Antique Sampler Quilt.

005

We also glue basted a lot of quilts.  This one have Bjørg sewed.

008

This one is mine and is a design from AnnAKa.  This one is going to be machinequilted.

009

We was quite effective when basting our quilts.

010

This one is mine.

012

Bjørgs summer quilt.

014

And I love Bjørg’s double wedding ring quilt.  I want to make one too.

016

The quilt I made at Gail Pan’s workshop in Tønsberg.

017

Now I have several basted quilts ready to be machinequilted.  And when I look upon my bookshelf in the sewing room I see several more quilts ready to be quilted.  So I guess I will spend some time with my sewingmachine practicing machinequilting.  Still have a lot to learn, and have to figure out how my new sewingmachine is at this.

So what about my basket quilt………………

018

it is going to be handquilted.  I feel I am not so good at machinequilting, and with all the needleturn on this quilt I do not want to take any risk machinequilting it.  So now I will have several hours in front of the tv handquilting.  I have chosen silk batting and it is a dream to handquilt.  My goal is now to handquilt a little bit each day.

Update:

019

Someone is really enjoying me handquilting a big quilt again.

025

Rusken have found a new place to cuddle

Saying for today:

379211_10151441722081654_178248608_n

30 comments:

Kate said...

Wow for noen flotte quilter !!
Dere er virkelig noen "driftige" quiltedamer :-)

Gunilla said...

Det var många fina kvilttoppar Du visade upp. Skall bli roligt att se dem klara.

Jeanne said...

What a productive day you had! The quilts are all lovely. Enjoy quilting them.

Grethe said...

Topp flott og så mange da:0) Dere er jo de dyktigste av alle!!
Happy Quilting :))

Gudveig HN said...

Så mange flotte tepper dere har sydd! Lykke til med quiltingen :-)

Rita E in AZ said...

What beautiful quilts - this one is my absolute favorite and it is on my list of quilts to make:

http://lh6.ggpht.com/-Wk9lwz0PwqY/URfHn6e70xI/AAAAAAAAQcY/-JO44igW2UI/s1600-h/010%25255B3%25255D.jpg

Thank you for the pictures
Rita E in AZ

Nancy in Norway said...

Dokker e så flink!

“Old World Goodies” said...

Oh, WOW some beautiful quilts you ladies have there. You two been very busy and a neat place to do it.
I have one of them too, that like to lay in the quilt while working on it. :)
Thank so much for sharing

Kaaren said...

You gals must feel wonderful for the work you got done basting those quilts. All of them are absolutely gorgeous!

Enjoy the journey as you quilt them and I'm looking forward to seeing them done...one by one.

Rosa said...

Those quilts are absolutelty beautiful.Congrats to all the ladies and have a great mother day!!

Annelies said...

So nice to have so handy tables !

Litamora's Quilt & Design said...

WOW! Så mange flotte quilter! Dere har virkelig laga mye fint! Kos deg med hånd quiltinga, teppet ditt kommer til å bli så flott!

Siri Tullerusk said...

Du verden så flinke dere er! Alle quiltene blir utrolig vakre :-)

LeKaQuilt said...

Det var mange flotte quilter. Så fint at dere har mulighet til å låne flotte lokaler til å få tråklet teppene. Det var ett koselig bilde av Rusken som koser seg i den nye quiltet :o)

Tone Yvonne said...

Oi, oi, så mye dere fikk gjort i dag.
Dere har virkelig vært produktive og alt sammen er jo bare så nydelig!

ER veldig svak for Rusken, han er bare så skjønn :D

Ha en fortsatt fin morsdag og fastelavnssøndag!

Anonymous said...

Wat veel mooie quilts hebben jullie door geregen. Succes met het quilten. Groeten Wilma

Hanne said...

You two have sure been busy today! Thanks for sharing the lovely projects :-)

Katie said...

So many lovely quilts! :-)

mascanlon said...

Wow, you have a lot ready to go. And yes, I think the lovely baskets should be hand quilted, I just love that quilt so much!

Susan said...

Looks like it was very productive day.......and a beautiful assortment of quilts. I am glad you are hand quilting your baskets quilt.

Ondrea said...

So many lovely quilts!!! So, you don't crawl around the floor but you crawl on a wooden table???? Hmmmmm. I love the idea of handquilting your basket quilt and thankyou for telling us about the silk batting.

quiltygal said...

Wow what a productive time in the Canteen you both had ...Love Gails design looks so lovely in your red tones & your basket quilt is absolutly gawjus :)

quiltygal said...

Wow what a productive time in the Canteen you both had ...Love Gails design looks so lovely in your red tones & your basket quilt is absolutly gawjus :)

suz said...

beautiful quilts - looks like you both got a lot done. Your basket quilt is going to be amazing when your hand quilting is done!

Karen said...

Now that's a great place for basting quilts and you both got quite a few done and ready to go. They are all so beautiful - wonderful show and tell. I love that basket quilt - it's beautiful and it seems like you just whipped out those little red baskets in no time. The antique sampler is on a list of "somedays" - I have the pattern so that's a start, right lol. I think Rusken found the perfect little spot for resting and keeping and eye on you :).
Hugs - Karen

Chris said...

I enjoyed looking at your blog this morning. I certainly wish I had a large table like those you use to baste your quilts. My knees do not like the floor much anymore. lol Chris

Käranån said...

OJ!! Så många fina quiltar!! Jag gillar "dagens ord"!! Ha en skön helg!

Liz said...

Great idea for basting quilts. You look like you had a very productive day. The quilts look beautiful.

OzRose said...

Happy Mothers Day! Some lushcious looking quilts there!!!

Silvia LGD (Little Green Doll) said...

Wow! All your quilts are wonderful! and these tables are fantastic for basting quilts :) Enjoy quilting them!

Related Posts with Thumbnails