Sunday, June 02, 2013

Progress on Red Home

002

This weekend I had big plans focusing on my Red Home quilt.  Saturday brought wonderful sewingweather with rain.  So I found my box with blocks for the Red Home Quilte.  I had almost finished all the applique on the blocks.  Just two left to applique, and those two I did while sitting out on the porch (when the sun decided to shine through the rain) and in the evening while watching tv.

005

This morning I had all blocks appliqued and I had sewed the squares to them.

006

And I started to make the big stars.

007

and then the small stars

009

Now I have been sewing the light sqares and the star blocks together.  But after machine sewing all day, my neck hurts, so I will relax the rest of the evening……

010

…….with some needleturn.  Have prepped some more Floral Beauty blocks and I enjoy doing the applique on these.

Saying for today:

580207_576863459012031_1718522444_n

17 comments:

Rosa said...

That`s will be an awesome quilt.Happy sewing!

Karen said...

Delightful applique blocks. And now red stars in the middle. Adds so much to the design.

Litamora's Quilt & Design said...

Just beautiful!

Susan said...

It's looking beautiful.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

May Britt that looks fantasic...

Anonymous said...

Soooo cute!

Lynda said...

Red Home is looking beautiful, May Britt. Floral Beauty is such a lovely quilt too. I hope your neck feels better very soon.

Behind My Picket Fence said...

Oh gosh, I am loving your Red Home quilt in progress. Can't wait to see it finished.

Dollandesign said...

Det var en kul bildserie som Du visar oss. Där vi fick se hur Du lägger ut Dina block till quilten. Det är så trevligt att se ett arbete ta form, tycker jag.

Dollandesign

margaret said...

you have so many interesting things to see in this quilt, very nice indeed

Supergoof said...

Your quilt looks lovely, it must be so much fun to make!
:o)

Jenny Watson Blogs said...

All of these quilts are looking fantastic thanks for the sharing and just keep up the good work.

Villas in Italy for Rent

Nana's Quilts said...

Lovely, MayBritt. That will be such a cheerful, happy quilt. Terrific.

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

This looks lovely May! Beautiful colours....xo

Unknown said...

I have seen many quilts but these quilts are best of all thanks for the sharing.

Army Challenge Coins

Katie said...

Looks wonderful, but I can understand that your neck would hurt. I especially love the cat on the scooter! :-)

Sparky said...

This is gorgeous May I so love your ideas and colours..

Related Posts with Thumbnails