Sunday, January 18, 2015

Snow and sewing

20150117_135722

This weekend I have been together with 3 good friends at the cabin.  As you can see there was a lot of snow on the roof.  Strange weather with rain when we arrived and minus 17 C when we woke up this morning.  We have had a wonderful weekend with sewing from early morning to late night (early morning).

P1090004

I brought my new project for handsewing.  I do not manage to just sit by the sewing machine all day long. I had already prepped some blocks and it was fun starting to sew on these blocks.

P1090003

Sewed a few of these basket blocks.

P1090005

And they are sew fun to sew.

P1090002

But my main machine sewing project was blocks for my Phebe quilt.  I had prepped a lot of blocks so it was easy to start sewing.

P1090006

And I sewed A LOT of these blocks.  So now I just have to prepare 11 more blocks to sew and I have the 80 blocks required for frame number six. Still very very much work do do on this quilt. 

But for some time now I have to just do hand sewing, because tomorrow or another day this week I have to bring my sewing machine to get a service.  It has got a noice that I do not like.  Hope it will be back home really soon.

 

Saying for today:

f1d042e3863924f4eb2fb76cd59d2fb8

12 comments:

Christine B said...

Looks like you had a fabulous weekend May! Hope your sewing machine is home again very soon! :) x

paulette said...

Love the name of your post ALMOST as much as I love those Dresdens!! Gorgeous!!

Radka said...

Wow, all that snow!
Everything is easier with a glass of wine ;-)
Have a good week,
xx

Beverley said...

Lovely blocks, the colours are so pretty. Hope your sewing machine is less noisy soon. x

dq said...

One word - JEALOUS! Friends, cabin, sewing? PERFECT!

Susan said...

Wow! That's now looks amazing. Love your new project.

Susan said...

Oops......that snow....

Wendy Caton Reed said...

I wish I was there! After the nearly 20 below temps last week we have rain today instead of snow - wacky! I love to sew in the snow!

Quilting Stories said...

Wonderful to sew in a cozy warm house with snow outside!

Linda said...

Beautiful! :)

TLC said...

Love the soft colors. So are you saying that your house is now clean because you have a broken sewing machine? ;)
I took both my retreat machine and home machine in for service yesterday. What was I thinking?! Did not sleep well last night having sewing machine separation anxiety. BTW, my house is not clean yet from lack of said sewing machines.

CecileD said...

Snow and sewing....what a great program !! ;)
Love the colors of your blocks !! So cute !!
Xoxo

Related Posts with Thumbnails