Tuesday, January 12, 2016

A new year and new possibilities!


Happy new year all my friends.

I have not forgotten my blog, just been a bit busy lately.

I know there is a lot of things I should have blogged about,
some day I may do it (or not),
but for now I just start at today.




January is always a month where I like to work on my UFO's.  And last weekend I chose which projects to focus on for a while now.  I actually feel good working on these projects and it makes me happy.  

I love to do needleturn applique and I have restartet to make blocks for my Stonefields quilt. I am not sure how many I already have done, but there is some.  I have been thinking about making it smaller, but just for now I just enjoy sewing the blocks I prepped a long time ago.

Stitchery is so relaxing. I started sewing AnnAKa's christmas early in 2011.  This was a project I always brought with me when I sat by my mothers hospital bed.  When she passed away in october 2011 I could not manage to stitch on it again, so it has been kept in a box.  Now I am ready to stitch on it again. And while working on it now I can remember all the good times when she and I sewed together.  Think this will be a very special and dear quilt for me to hang up for Chrismases to come.

I have also found some UFO's that just need some finishing touches by the sewing machine.  Some was to be Christmas gifts 2015, but if I now manage to finish them now I have an early start on Christmas gifts for 2016.

And I will do my daily threads of handquilting.  It does not sounds that I will make progress with just a few threads each day.  But actually it does!!!!  And my shoulder and arms will not hurt.  


Saying for today:

9 comments:

Kate said...

You have a good attitude to start 2016!
Hopefully we'll see you here more often this year. k

Janet said...

Great to hear from you in a new blog post...your projects look really nice.:)

NADINE said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR, dear May Britt !
May all your wishes come true, with many new beautiful quilt projects ...and many UFO's get finished :))

I love your Christmas stitchery, it's so cute. Some of our works take time to get finished, as they are linked to very personnal, moving events in our lives. But time heals our pains, and then we can get back to it, with love and sweet memories.

I lived the same with a quilt I started after my mother's death, in memory of her : that quilt is "DUTCH TREAT" (my mom was Dutch). For a long time, it was too painful and I had to stop and put it aside... but now I'm ready to come back to it with serenity and tenderness, and it's back on my list for 2016.

With heartful thoughts,

NADINE
XOXOXO

Note : do you know if that AnaKa stitchery pattern is still available ? I'd like to buy it.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Happy new year. Lovely ufos to work on.

Melody said...

Happy new year l agree working on ufos is very satisfying

helen said...

So lovely to hear from you again!
Happy New Year to you,too, and best wishes!

CecileD said...

Happy new year MayBritt ...with lots of projects !

Anonymous said...

I always love your projects so I'm anxious to see your wonderful finishes!! I'm so happy you're back!!

Dollandesign said...

En underbar kombination av tyger och färger i Ditt "arbete", tycker jag.

Dollandesign

Related Posts with Thumbnails